Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She Bangs?

I never thought abut putting anything other than a cardigan over this dress before.  But of course!  Why didn't I think of it?  But before you think I am really inspired, please note it is a black sweater.  I could have done better, I think!


Well, you have to start somewhere.


On to more important topics.  I need a haircut.  And the timing is right to get one, as my husband is out of town for 2 months.  We brokered a deal a few years ago...I would keep my hair "long" and he would keep his beard trimmed and his hair out of mullet territory.  I had many conversations, and much angst, prior to this deal about the fact that he was very open about saying he liked it long, and about whether or not he should have a say.  But when I realized that I could use this as an opportunity to get a better groomed mate, my angst was gone.

Plus, I LIKE my hair long.  BUT.  But...my hair texture has changed since kids...it is wavier than ever, and PUFFS UP!  So I end up pulling it back all of the time.  And as far as styling?  Seriously, who has time?  I wash, I comb, I towel, it dries.  Done.  Layers help (otherwise it just becomes a pyramid of hair).

And my layers are getting kind of long.  Which leads me to this question:

Bangs?  I want them.  Again.  I've had them before.  I tend to look young with them.  But I'll be 35 in a few weeks and looking young isn't a bad thing.  So.  Bangs?  Good idea?  Bad idea? Discuss.

Cable knit sweater, Target; Dress, TJ Maxx; shoes, Madden Girl; belt, thrifted.

1 comment:

Comments? Yes, please!