Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hanging In There

Little did I know wheh I took these pictures that this is what my day would feel like:  hanging on for dear life as things twisted and turned.  Okay, so it was NOT that bad, but it wasn't good either!  At least I was feeling cute, and let me tell you, that counts for a lot.


This may be tough, but if you think waaaaay back to my vacation you may remember that this skirt is actually much longer.  It hangs about three inches below the knee.  And that, my friends?  Not the length for me.  (And the reason why that shot was taken of me sitting.)


I thought about hemming it, but as you can see, it has a solid band around the bottom that I quite like.  And it's a drawstring waist, so short of cutting the whole top off and resewing the channel for the string, there's not much I can do there.  It does not neatly roll at the waist either.

So I pulled out the tool that got me through my pregnancy with the baby....the bella band.  Stretch, smoothing, wide...perfect for hold my skirt in place...hiked up under my bra.  Classy, I know.  But it worked!

And as the day rolled on I could still strip off the jacket and get down to work... with minimal torso rolls. (Apologies for cell phone snapshot!)


Tee, Target; skirt, thrifted; jacket and scarf, Victoria's Secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!