Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All Buttoned Up

Maybe there's been too much color around here, but today I was in the mood for more subdued tones.  And to take on my nemisis.  The Button Down Shirt.


Now, I've seen many a woman rock the button down.  And look sexy, even.  But for me it has never felt quite right.  There are too many questions about fit, and tucking, and buttoning or unbuttoning.  But this one, with the gathers at the bust, and some actually body conscious tailoring, seems to work out.  No mannish-ness, which is my fear of the button down.


Plus, I figured loads of pearls would make me feel more girly.  Oh and a pair of heels helps!


Shirt, NY and Company; Pants, J Crew Minnie Pant; Shoes, Naturalizer, I think!; Pearls, those old Seventeen pearls, and a string from my sister-in-law Janet; Bracelet, thrifted!

1 comment:

Comments? Yes, please!