Friday, December 31, 2010

Party Time

New Year's Eve.  It is actually my least favorite days of the holiday season.  It comes with expectations of grand plans and parties.  I have lived up to those expectations in the past, but whenever I do, I end up having an awful time.  My best Eve's have been spent with best friends in small gatherings, with family playing cards, home cuddling with my love.

This year I am turning down a party invite, and taking the kids to Saranac Lake for First Night.  Then home for a cocktail, knitting, and movie on the couch.  No need to dress up.  I just wish Bill was home...


In the meantime, it doesn't feel like New Year's Eve.  The thermometer outside my window reads 70. Of course, it is in the sun and protected.  But the general air temp seems closer to 60.  And it is muddy.  Perfect day to wear my favorite Christmas present!

Cardi, J.C. Penney, a few years ago; turtleneck, J Crew; cords, Lands' End Canvas; boots, my new Bogs, thanks, Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!