Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Might as Well Jump(er)

This is me.

This is me trying not to slip and fall.


Can we talk about something?  Aging.  What's the big deal?  It happens to all of us.  I mention this because I was flipping through Lucky and saw a college classmate in an piece on dressing for your body.  She's had some success as a model and as a singer. She's not a household name, but I've seen her blown up to three times larger than life in a mall store window.  But her age, according to the article, is four years younger than what I suspect it actually is.  Even if she skipped a grade, and was born at the tale end of the incoming kindergarten class the age is still two years younger than what I would bet money on.

So, when entertainers lie about their ages, how does that come about?  Is it an agent's insistence?  Is it the  artist's choice?  And how many MALE celebrities do we suspect about lying about their age?

And why do some of the rest of us living less high profile lives, in careers where youth and beauty are less important, lie about our ages?

And why shave of a few years?  I would go for at least five.

It's bothering me, blog world.

Love,
The 35 Year Old Woman Who Is Dressed Like A School Girl.

Dress, Lands' End Canvas; turtleneck, J Crew; tights, Target: shoes, SE Boutique via DSW.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Publicity stunt...you should call her on it. P.S...love the jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana says all the SLC women we graduated with still look 25. I beg to differ because of the laugh lines and mouth parentheses, but overall we are a hot and vital bunch at 35.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is when people (seems to be esp. men) dye their hair black black black to hid the gray. As if anyone really has hair that color (huh, Wayne Newton, what do you think?).

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!