Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Extrovert Alone

Okay, let's face it.  I just want to wear these shoes every damn day.  You won't believe me when I tell you they are extremely comfy.  And also warm.  They are the highest heels I own, and definitely the skinniest, but they have a nice rubber sole in front so I feel very secure and not teetery.


I keep saying my days of outdoor shots are numbered, but I keep getting more.  I can imagine that I will soon be retreating inside, or every outfit will feature lots and lots of down!

I hope the weekend is nice...I am headed early Saturday am for the Berkshires for some quiet time, some art, and some fine dining.  All by myself.  I really need alone time, and as any parent knows, it is all too rare.  I masquerade as an outgoing, company loving gal, but I am a classic introvert who needs solitude to recharge my batteries.   I sometimes think I am in a funny occupation for that, but I know a lot of fund raisers who are similar in that way.  I am lucky that my job lets me meet and talk with and learn about people but also gives me periods of reflection, writing, and planning - alone in my office.


I wonder what the fact that I like to take pictures of myself and post them on the interwebs for all to see says about me??

Dress, Lands' End Canvas; jacket, Gap; scarf, thrifted, 50 cents; shoes, Adrienne Vittadini via TJ Maxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!